Keyboard commands can be used to increase efficiency and precision in the Grapher environment.
You can use the keyboard to move the pointer within the plot window, to select and move objects, and perform commands.
- The ARROW keys move the pointer within the plot window when no object is selected.
- The ARROW keys move selected objects.
- Press CTRL+TAB to change switch between document windows.
- Pressing the SPACEBAR is equivalent to clicking the left mouse button.
- "Double-clicking" the SPACEBAR by pressing the spacebar twice is the same as double-clicking the mouse.
- Press SHIFT+SPACEBAR to deselect all objects.
- Press ALT+ENTER to activate the Property Manager
- The ARROW keys move between properties in the Property Manager.
- Press ALT+F11 to activate the Object Manager
- The ARROW keys move the selection in the Object Manager.
Tab Commands Access
The keyboard can be used to access the menu commands.
- Press the ALT key and press any letter or number that appears in a box to indicate the desired ribbon tab.
- When the appropriate tab is displayed, you can access a command by pressing the letter or number that appears in a box to indicate the desired command.
- Press ALT and the ARROW keys on the keyboard to switch between ribbon tabs.
You can also use the keyboard to move around in a dialog.
- The TAB key moves between the options in the dialog. As you use the TAB key to move through the dialog, the options are highlighted as they become active.
- The SPACEBAR is used to simulate mouse clicks, allowing you to toggle check boxes or press buttons that provide you with access to other dialogs or close the current dialog.
- You can also use the underlined hotkeys by holding down the ALT key and typing the letter. This moves you immediately to the desired option. Note that not all of the dialogs have ALT key access.
These keyboard commands are used in the plot or worksheet windows.
|Open a new plot window
|Open a new worksheet window
|Open a file
|Save a Grapher .GRF file
|Import a file into the plot window
|Export the plot window to a file
|Print the drawing in the current plot window or print the worksheet contents
|Paste the clipboard contents into the plot window or worksheet
|Cut the selected objects to the clipboard
|Copy the selected objects to the clipboard
|Copy the format of the selected object
|Paste the format of the object to the newly selected objects
|Undo the last command
|Redo the previous undo command
|Zoom so all objects fill the plot window
|Zoom in on selected objects so they fill the view
|Zoom to the extents of the page
|Zoom to the full screen
|Zoom in twice the scale at the center of the screen
|Zoom out twice the scale from the center of the screen
|Zoom on a selected rectangle
|Redraw the screen
|Select all the objects in the plot window
|Deselect all the objects in the plot window
|Rename the selected object
|Delete the selected objects in the plot window, clear cells in the worksheet
|Move selected object backward
|Move selected object to back
|Move selected object forward
|Move selected object to front
Application Control Window
|Close the plot or worksheet window
|Display the application control menu
|Display the document window control menu
|Next document window
|Previous document window
|Switch between Grapher windows
|ALT or F10
|Activate the tabs in the ribbon
|Display the Windows start menu
|Switch to the last active application
These keyboard commands are specific to the worksheet.
|Edit active cell
|Move to adjacent cell
|Preserve the typed contents in the cell
|Go to the first row containing data in the selected column
|Go to the last row containing data in the selected column
|Scroll the table up by the number of visible rows
|Scroll the table down by the number of visible rows
|Move the active cell right one column
|Move the active cell to the top cell of the left most column
|Move the active cell to the bottom occupied row and right most column